Attorney Fee Resources - including case law on counsel compensation, sample motion for attorney fees and expenses, sample motion for appointment of investigator and experts, and more.
Regional Pilot Project
In September 2015, the Supreme Court authorized "a one-year pilot project to assess the feasibility, costs, and benefits associated with structural reforms currently under consideration for permanent statewide implementation." Learn more about the pilot project.
- Regional Pilot Project Standard Attorney Fee and Expense Policy
- Administrative Order 2015-9, 498 Mich. ___ (2015) and Order for Extension (Sept. 2016)
- Pilot Project Voucher (Note: Please use Internet Explorer to complete this voucher online. The voucher is not compatible with Chrome).
Pilot Project First-Year Report and Call for Expansion (October 2016)
Attorney Fee Litigation
- Amicus Curiae Brief, In re Attorney Fees of John W. Ujlaky and 9/30/15 Order of the Michigan Supreme Court
- Brief on Appeal, In re Attorney Fees of Mitchell T. Foster